Aid Review for Loss of Income
The amount of financial aid you receive is determined by the information in your financial aid application. In some cases, your family might experience a change in financial circumstances not reflected in your original application. These circumstances might include:
- Job loss by a parent
- A significant reduction in income for a parent
- Significant medical expenses not covered by insurance
In some cases, additional aid can be provided. This aid might be in the form of a loan, student employment, or scholarship/grant funding. Please note that our ability to help depends on available resources.
In some cases, sufficient time must pass before a decision can be made. A recent job loss might soon be followed by new employment; therefore, a review might be delayed for an appropriate amount of time, generally at least eight weeks.
How to Request an Aid Review for Loss of Income
If you have significant new information about your financial circumstances, you can submit that to us using one of the following online forms (depending on the academic year):
Please note, we strongly recommend that taxes and other sensitive documents are submitted via the secure document upload in the form, not via email.
Responses might take two to three weeks from the date of receipt, with some exceptions:
- Current Students: Each year the financial aid office will begin releasing financial aid decisions for the next academic year by March. Requests for review based on loss of income from students who have received their initial award will be reviewed as soon as possible but, generally, not until May.
- Early Decision: As you know, your Early Decision admission is binding. You cannot be released from your contract unless there are mitigating financial circumstances. Please submit requests in a timely manner so we can provide you with necessary information.
- Regular Decision: The tuition deposit deadline is May 1, so please submit all requests with sufficient time so that we can provide you with helpful information. We will make every effort to be quick and efficient in our communication efforts.