Summer Work-Study is a limited opportunity whereby students may work up to full-time, 37.5 hours per week, at participating off-campus Evanston community service agencies. (Most on-campus positions are considered temporary non-work-study jobs during the summer and are funded 100% by the Northwestern department. If you will be continuing to work for your on-campus employer in summer, please make sure they update your myHR position and wage information so you are paid appropriately.)
Students are expected to save a portion of their earnings to meet education costs during the following academic year. For the 2022-23 academic year, students are expected to save $1,800 which will be noted in CAESAR and must fit with your existing award.
Note: Students completing graduation requirements in Spring 2022 or Summer 2022 may not participate.
Students must complete and submit their 2022-23 financial aid materials by May 1st (see your to-do list via CAESAR). Students must have been offered and participated in a work-study position during the current academic year and be offered work-study the following academic year. Additional parameters may apply. Contact the Work-Study Office to confirm your eligibility.
Students who currently work at off-campus Evanston community service employers during the normal academic year and wish to continue their work during the summer must contact the Work-Study Office to confirm their eligibility and participation.
After confirming eligibility, students seeking summer employment may contact a participating community service agency listed below. Once hired, students and their employer must submit a completed Summer Work-Study Authorization Form to the Work-Study Office.
Frequently Asked Questions
See Summer Work-Study 2022 Document.
Openings may be available for in-person or remote employment; please review the job responsibilities and contact the job listing employer directly if you have any questions.
These listings are provided to our office by employers; we post job openings and remove jobs at the request of the employer. It is possible that a listing on this page may already be filled. Check back regularly for updates!
Summer Jobs will be posted beginning in May 2022.
- Chandler-Newberger Community Center: Summer Gymnastics Instructor
- City of Evanston, Parks Recreation and Community Service, Noyes Arts: Summer Community Arts Assistant
- City of Evanston: Summer Information Technology Aide
- Evanston Community Foundation: Summer Intern
- Evanston Public Library: Summer Communications & Marketing Assistant
- Lighthouse Park District: Summer Tour Guide/Visitor Greeter
- Mather: Summer Health and Wellness Services Assistant
- MetroSquash Evanston: Summer Program Assistant
- Rotary International Alumni Relations: Summer Student Assistant
- Rotary International/Service and Engagement: Summer Programs Assistant