Dean of Students: Student Services Aide (100306)
Department Name: Off-Campus Life
LOCATION: Northwestern University - Evanston Campus
ADDRESS: 601 University Place Scott Hall, Evanston, IL
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
PAY RATE: $13.35/hr
AVERAGE HOURS PER WEEK: 8
DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT: Academic year only (Fall, Winter, & Spring quarters)
WORK ARRANGEMENTS: Hybrid (Either remote or in person)
NATURE OF WORK: Administrative
REPORTS TO: Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Strategy and Operations
The Off-Campus Life Student Office Assistant (SOA) assists the Office with addressing the issues and individuals in the off-campus community (primarily the Evanston off-campus student community. Because the Director of OCL also serves as an Assistant Dean in the Dean of Students Office, the SOA may also perform administrative tasks related to that role.
Weekly supervision/staff meetings;
Office administrative tasks;
Assisting with electronic communications for the office
Seeking information from city and campus resources relevant for off-campus students;
Event planning tasks and staffing for OCL events and tabling efforts, and;
Other duties based on office needs and the SOA’s interests and skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & PREREQUISITES:
Must be a Northwestern undergraduate student with a Federal Work-Study allotment for the 2022-2023 academic year (CAESAR > Financial Aid > View My Financial Aid > [YEAR].)
- Currently enrolled in Northwestern University, living off campus, and in good standing with the University.
- Able to work for the remainder of the 2022-23 academic year (June 2023).
- Able to work evenings and weekends in support of OCL events.
- Able to participate in the OCL major events (e.g., Housing Fairs, Knocks and Talks, Cooking Demonstrations, Community Conversations, etc.).
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills (including Microsoft Office, and on social media/web applications) as well as a positive, group-oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of office operations, contacts, and situations.
- Manage time effectively, meet deadlines, and accomplish specific tasks and outcomes.
- Commitment to fostering student learning, social justice, restorative justice, and community values.
All Federal Work-Study positions are subject to an annual evaluation conducted by the supervisor to be kept on file in the Federal Work-Study Office.
CANDIDATES SHOULD PROVIDE: Resume
CONTACT NAME: Jason McKean
CONTACT EMAIL: email@example.com
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER: (847) 467-4335
Job Updated: 3/7/23