NU Need-Based Loan
Students who demonstrate exceptional financial need may be offered an NU Need-Based Loan.
- Who Can Borrow: Undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.
- Lender: Northwestern University
- Loan Amount: Varies
- Interest Rate: The rate is variable during repayment. No interest is charged while the student is enrolled at least half-time or in deferment.
- Repayment Terms: Repayment begins six months after graduation or after the borrower ceases to be enrolled at least half-time. A minimum payment of $40 per month is required and the borrower has up to 10 years to repay the loan. There is no penalty for early repayment.
- Application Instructions: Apply for aid. If you qualify for this loan, you will be notified and emailed instructions on how to complete the loan materials.